Full Moon Prayer And How To Use Them.
Full moon prayers are more powerful than what you know. Having the moon appear in full and having a clear glance at it makes one wonder how beautiful nature can be.
I remember my kid days when we have to wait in so much anticipation insight of the full moon.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this post may contain some affiliate links. Click here to learn more
It was an exciting experience and brought much thought and reflection about life in itself. One may ask what significant is the full moon to mankind? This is why there was a need for this article. Let’s dive in now!
Every 28 days the sun and the moon are aligned on opposite sides of the earth resulting in the full moon, this can be associated or compared to one’s ego and feelings where there is a separation between the two making you deal with your emotions without your ego getting in the way.
The full moon prayer is a Jewish culture of saying special prayers during the full moon period every month.
According to Hindu rituals and dates, Hindus have believed that the fortnightly cycle of the moon exists a great influence on the human anatomy just as it affects the water bodies on earth in cycles of tides.
The full moon prayer, however, is a chance to set intentions for the cycle ahead. The full moon encourages one to let go of so many things like the past, and the old things that bring ego.
During the full moon, prayer is performed as a ritual to ascertain one’s emotions from their ego. A full moon is a time where emotions are heightened and offers a time for forgiveness and making amends.
This is a time for an individual to recharge, reflect and reconnect with oneself.
This is when one feels sensitive in his thinking, feeling, and action. This has to do with the consideration of the person’s mental and physical state.
Paying attention to one’s inward and outward sensitivity during the full moon helps one to identify certain things and make amends.
One is expected to surround himself with nature during the full moon because it may help calm any unsettling feelings and bring some clarity to unanswered questions.
The full moon prayer in its nature is calm; therefore taking part in it heals and refreshes the soul, spirit, and physical self. The full moon prayer or rituals come with sharing intentions, pulling oracle cards, howling.
They are so many ways or stages in carrying out a successful Full Moon Prayer;
This is where you try to get the full attention of yourself and go deep into yourself. You can take a deep breath and ponder over the full moon offers.
Here is where you let go and make peace with yourself and your past using the separation of the sun and moon as a significance to your emotions and ego saying “I forgive everything, I forgive myself and everyone and I forgive my past and letting go of it, I have found in my peace and I will hold onto it”.
This can be done quietly alongside calm melodious music.
- Write A Forgiveness List Or Keep A Journal
For a successful action, one may want to write down everything that he deems forgiving and destroy it afterward by burning it.
This is an important component of the full moon ritual as it puts away all negativity out of the body.
It is also important that at the time of the full moon, one may write down wishes, expectations, and goals that they meditate about or look forward to in the time of the full moon and what it seeks to offer.
This is very important to do because it helps notice what is weighing you down and gives more reasons to certain paths in life and why you should let go of the past and hold on to what awaits you and most of all the peace that comes with it.
- Gathering In A Full Moon Circle.
Gathering in a full moon circle is a ritual done during the full moon prayer.
Having others around brings in a powerful willingness of letting go because everyone is made to shout out what there are letting go of and this really has a great impact as you have other people in your circle envisioning it for you.
- Making Moon Water.
As part of the full moon ritual, one may want to take cleansing energy with them making “moon water” infused with the light of the full moon.
This is done by filling up a bowl of water and leaving it out overnight beneath the moonlight. You can do this by adding herbs, flower petals, or healing crystals to the water.
The water will be infused with full moon water by morning and this can be used to wash the face or add to bathwater.
- Take A Bath.
Taking a bath during the full moon is actually an ideal opportunity to take a self-refreshing bath by adding high-quality Epsom salt to the tub.
The salt dismisses all impurities by getting rid of bitterness, anger, resentment, jealousy, etc.
- Pull An Oracle
Oracles cards are pulled to see how it guides them throughout the full moon time and beyond. As part of the full moon, ritual is it very important to pull out an oracle as the full moon ritual is not complete without an oracle deck.
- Charge Your Crystals
Before going to sleep in the course of the full moon place crystals and oracles on the window sill and let leave them overnight under the light of the full moon.
This charges and cleanses the crystal and the oracle giving it full moon energy that looks and feels beautiful.
- Clean Your Physical Space.
Cleaning your physical space during the full moon is a part of the full moon rituals that help to clear all physical negativities making room for what you want during the full moon and embracing positivity.
- Eat Healthy And Natural Meals.
Eating healthy and natural meals such as fruits and vegetables helps clear the body system, boosts a gives the body a fresh start, and reveals the peaceful nature that one has come to stay with during the full moon time.
This also boosts one’s level of confidence as they live healthy lives and become naturally equipped with positive energy.
Table of Contents
What Do You Do Spiritually On A Full Moon?
- A Full Moon is a time of fulfillment, culmination and conclusion.
- It’s an important time to give thanks for the blessings we have received.
- It’s a good time to let go of negative habits and energies that have been holding us back.
- This is the time when we should look at the things in our life which are not serving us anymore and let them go so we can progress on our spiritual path.
Here are some basic steps you can take to help you get started:
- Sit or stand outdoors, or near a window if it’s raining or cold outside, with your feet planted firmly on the ground.
- Take a deep breath and relax. Let your body unwind from any tension it may be holding onto. Breathe in deeply through your nose, hold for a second or two, then exhale through your mouth. Take another slow breath as you relax into the moment.
- Express gratitude for all the blessings you have in your life, no matter how small they may seem to others.
- Take note of any areas in your life that need healing, whether physical, emotional or mental, and focus on those areas as you create an affirmation for yourself.
Full Moon Prayer Example
I stand in the light of the beautiful moon,
Shining down on me with her perfect radiance.
I am awed by her beauty and grace,
And I thank you for her always being there for me.
As I make this prayer to you,
I’m aware that the moon is always full in its own way,
It’s only that we’re not always able to see it as such.
Therefore, I realize that there is a fullness within me too,
A wholeness that nothing can break or shatter.
What Should You Not Do On A Full Moon?
Some people believe that the full moon can cause people to feel more emotional, act irrationally and make bad decisions.
When planning your schedule, it’s best to avoid any big events during the days surrounding the full moon. This includes weddings, job interviews, and important meetings where you need to be at your best.
Full moons are also thought to be a time of increased risk-taking and excitement. You might want to avoid visiting amusement parks or other places where you might be tempted to push your body further than you would normally do.
Some people believe that the full moon enhances creativity. This makes this an ideal time for artists, writers, and musicians to work on creative projects without distraction from other obligations.
If you suffer from grief or depression, some people believe that the full moon can worsen symptoms. If you feel overwhelmed by these feelings, try to spend some time alone and work through them in an environment where you will be comfortable.
You might find yourself waking up more often during the night around a full moon. Try going to sleep earlier so that you can get more rest and still wake up at your normal time in the morning.
What Brings Good Luck On A Full Moon?
There are several ways that you can tap into the power of a full moon to bring you good fortune.
- Take a walk outside and look up at the full moon with your feet firmly planted on the ground. This will help bolster you against anything negative coming from the sky above during this powerful time.
- Place quartz crystals under your pillow or bedside table during a full moon so that you can absorb these healing energies as you sleep.
- Wear amethyst jewelry on nights with a bright, full moon because amethyst crystals can protect against bad energy
How Do You Make A Wish On A Full Moon?
- If you want to make a wish on a full moon, find a quiet place where you can think clearly and won’t be disturbed.
- It’s important that your mind is clear when you make this kind of wish. Choose what you want to wish for wisely.
- If it’s something that is impossible, like flying or becoming rich overnight, it will never come true.
- Once you’ve decided what you want to wish for, look up at the full moon and say your wish out loud.
- Some people believe that if you say your wish out loud three times, it will come true faster.
- The most important thing to remember is not to tell anyone else your wish!
- This can cause it not to come true because you have broken the spell by telling someone.
The moon represents the physical as well as the emotional body. The full moon is a time to be receptive, to take the light and awareness of spirit into your emotional and physical body.